Our capital tax services aim to maximise the available tax reliefs and exemptions for Capital Gains Tax and Capital Acquisitions Tax. Careful tax planning can substantially reduce the capital tax liabilities on the sale, transfer or inheritance of capital assets such as properties, shares or a business.
We offer a comprehensive range of capital tax services including:
Capital Gains Tax (CGT)
We offer the following Capital Gains Tax services:
- Capital Gains Tax planning service that minimises the CGT payable on the transfer of assets to the next generation.
- Advice on CGT payable on the sale of all capital assets including shares and property.
- Advice on how best to use your capital gains tax losses.
- Advice on availability of ‘retirement relief’ on the transfer of a business.
- Preparation and completion of your Capital Gains Tax Returns.
- Advice on the Stamp Duty implications on the sale/purchase of any asset.
Capital Acquisitions Tax (CAT)
We offer the following Capital Acquisitions Tax services:
- Advice on potential liabilities which arise on the transfer of assets and the various reliefs and exemptions available.
- Review of your Will from a gift and inheritance tax perspective and identification of ways by which you can limit the beneficiaries tax exposure.
- Completion of the various CAT Returns.
- Advice on any stamp duty implications arising from the gift of an asset.